New York, Washington and Chicago
Baretz+Brunelle is looking for talented and creative mid-level public relations professionals to join its award-winning national strategic communications team. With staff and offices in New York, Chicago, Washington, Boston, Houston, Detroit, Richmond, Charlotte and Los Angeles, B+B represents many of the world’s leading law firms, consulting and accounting firms, and financial services companies. B+B consistently is named among the nation’s top PR firms, including one of the top five “Boutique PR Firms of the Year” by PRWeek and the “Best Boutique Specialty PR Agency of the Year” by Bulldog Reporter.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; major in business, communications, economics, finance, political science or related field preferred; and 5+ years’ experience in public relations.
About the Position: This senior-level position entails managing client relationships on every level, including coordinating the development of client strategy, evaluating goals and competitive reviews, conducting media outreach, managing budgets, facilitating billing and executive-level administrative functions, and preparing end-of-month and end-of-year summaries. This position also is expected to develop new business, including contributing to new business proposals and participating in new business pitches. As a mid-level staff member, this position will also assist the partners in marketing B+B and its staff.
Candidates must possess strong leadership skills and superior written and verbal communication skills. They should be creative, show good judgment and be team players. Familiarity with social and new media also is required. Crisis communications experience is also a plus.
- Manage large client relationships and budgets, including billing and other executive-level functions;
- Manage internal PR teams;
- Work collaboratively with clients’ in-house staff and other outside vendors;
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends and developments;
- Conduct issue-driven research on a variety of legal, legislative and financial topics;
- Develop PR plans, competitive analyses, press releases, bylined articles and a variety of media pitches;
- Prepare project summaries;
- Contribute to and participate in new business development; and
- Participate in B+B marketing activities, including writing blog posts and articles.
Contact: Send cover letter, résumé and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.