New York or Chicago
Baretz+Brunelle is looking for talented and creative public relations professionals to join its award-winning national strategic communications team. With staff and offices in New York, Chicago, Washington, Boston, Houston, Detroit, Richmond, Charlotte and Los Angeles, B+B represents many of the world’s leading law firms, consulting and accounting firms, and financial services companies. B+B consistently is named among the nation’s top PR firms, including one of the top five “Boutique PR Firms of the Year” by PRWeek and the “Best Boutique Specialty PR Agency of the Year” by Bulldog Reporter.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; major in business, communications, economics, finance, political science or related field preferred.
About the Position: This position entails servicing clients on every level, including coordinating the development of client strategy, media outreach and monitoring, researching current events and tracking court cases pertinent to our clients’ businesses. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential as this position requires corresponding and speaking with high-profile national and international reporters and editors, as well as writing pitches, articles and other marketing-related materials. Associates also must have strong decision-making, problem-solving and research skills. They should be flexible and able to function independently and as part of a team. Creativity, initiative, good judgment and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are also essential for success. Familiarity with social media, graphic design or marketing automation software is a plus.
Advancement: Significant opportunity for advancement and increased responsibility exists for candidates who demonstrate maturity and aptitude. Associates must take ownership of projects, becoming the point person for all aspects of an engagement from start to finish. B+B is a boutique firm and all team members are engaged on substantive projects.
- Monitor the news and be well versed in current events;
- Perform issue research on a variety of legal, legislative and financial topics;
- Prepare press releases, bylined articles and a variety of media pitches;
- Develop lists of targeted media outlets and reporters to contact on behalf of clients;
- Pitch stories to and develop relationships with targeted media outlets and reporters;
- Plan and host meetings for clients and media;
- Prepare annual reports and write proposals for various projects for clients and for the firm;
- Track print, television and online media for client placements and items of interest;
- Take a proactive approach to client service by finding and developing media opportunities;
- Communicate with the team about current projects;
- Work with the B+B team to promote the firm; and
- Perform other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Contact: Send cover letter, résumé, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.