Managing Director, NewLaw/Legal Technology
Preferred Location: New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles
About the Position: This senior-level position is a leadership role with an emphasis on managing our firm’s world-class, industry-leading legal technology and “NewLaw” clients. Candidate must have strong subject-matter expertise in the legal technology industry, with direct experience working with ALSPs and/or legal tech applications or within legal research.
- Coordinate and assist with the development of sophisticated marketing and business development strategies;
- Develop and execute large-scale marketing campaigns in support of key objectives and strategies;
- Evaluate client goals, conducting competitive research;
- Manage the development, and implementation of marketing assets (including the management and coordination of integrated marketing services teams, including, copywriting, design, digital, and media relations);
- Manage internal PR teams and oversee and conduct media outreach and assist with the development of PR plans, competitive analyses, press releases, bylined articles, and a variety of media pitches;
- Manage budgets, review billing and executive-level administrative functions, and oversee the preparation of end-of-month and end-of-year summaries;
- Contribute to new business efforts, including drafting proposals and participating in new business pitches. As a senior staff member, the managing director also will be responsible for managing and building a team and mentoring younger professionals;
- Manage large client relationships and budgets, including billing and other executive-level functions;
- Work collaboratively with clients’ in-house staff and other outside vendors;
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends and developments;
- Conduct issue-driven research on a variety of legal, legislative, and financial topics;
Candidates must possess strong leadership and superior written and verbal communication skills. They should be creative, show good judgment, and be team players.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; major in business, communications, economics, finance, political science or related field preferred.
Contact: Send cover letter, résumé and three writing samples to email@example.com.