Baretz+Brunelle is focused on influencing and augmenting communications programs across online, mobile and social channels and measuring their impact. From planning digital campaigns and benchmarking performance goals to implementing engagement tactics and creating content, we lead the way in integrated marketing communications.
We’re looking for a Digital Designer to join our ranks, an individual deeply ingrained in design culture, integrated marketing communications and the dynamics of user experience.
About the Job
We’re looking to add a key player to our multi-disciplinary Digital team, designing high-fidelity compositions for complex digital solutions to meet the increasing demands of our clients. This person will be expected to work with agency staff, clients and vendor partners to design and develop responsive digital assets, with placements ranging from display ads to socially shareable graphics, to interactive emails, to fully-realized websites.
Web development experience is required, and experience with animation, video, illustration, and/or photography is a plus. All candidates must possess a portfolio demonstrating strong mobile and desktop design work, including a solid understanding of layout, typography and storytelling techniques, as well as a smart UX sensibility. A background in print or packaging design is not a deterrent for consideration, but some digital work must be present in a candidate’s portfolio. Candidates should be quick learners with creative ideas and have the proven ability to work collaboratively.
The Digital Designer will primarily be responsible for supporting the overall digital design and production needs of our clients, new business activities and in-house marketing efforts. At times, the Designer will be asked to support non-digital efforts, so openness to challenges and learning is a must.
This is a tremendous opportunity to work on high profile accounts, where your work is making a direct impact on our clients and helping achieve great results. If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity we would love to hear from you.
- Work across a wide range of the agency’s clients to convey interactive story ideas and complex interactions with wireframes and prototypes
- Produce, optimize and output final web-ready digital artwork
- Design for a variety of web-related projects: microsites, landing pages, motion graphics, infographics, animated gifs, data-visualizations, emails, display ads, etc.
- Develop the front-end of websites on the WordPress and HubSpot platforms, using HTML and CSS to leave your creative mark on established themes and plugins
- Create presentations that intelligently incorporate audio, video, images, animations and text to leave an impact on internal and external audiences
- Work with internal teams and independently to develop strategic digital recommendations that help accomplish client objectives and drive results
- Share feedback and provide solutions for a myriad of externally designed deliverables produced by clients and outside vendors
- Consult and share best practices during the ideation and pitch phase, providing insight and strategy for digital media and custom content to clients and other stakeholders
- Own emerging technology evaluation, ensuring the most relevant solutions are being implemented, both in the design and the development spheres
- Track hours across projects to manage time wisely and to allow for the independent, accurate design and production of multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent visual and interactive design skills; a clear grasp of typography, layout, hierarchy, color, motion and behavior
- Understanding of the WordPress and HubSpot platforms and/or similar content management systems is essential
- Deep knowledge of the production process; able to work off a creative brief and translate it into designed deliverable
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC and Office 365
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail
- Creativity and penchant for strategic thinking and critical thought
- Eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong editorial judgement, with an eye for audience stewardship and lifting valuable messages to the surface of user awareness
- Experience with presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote is a plus
- The drive to see projects through to the end and deal with the adversities along the way
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it and apply the learning to improve
- Legal or financial services industry experience is a major plus
- Experience with photography, or photo editing
- Strong illustration skills
- Video editing
- Podcast and/or audio editing and mixing
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic or Web Design or a related field. Master’s degree in a design field desirable.
- 3+ years experience in a digital capacity, PR and/or media or advertising agency experience preferred.
- Successful track record of helping to build and present strategic digital concepts/programs, recommendations and tactics for clients and effectively executing programs.
- Solid grasp of social, digital, word-of-mouth marketing, online analytics; personal and professional experience across the digital and social space and knowledge of emerging trends and technologies.
- Ability to translate social media and digital trends, technologies and metrics into succinct, compelling, conversational language for a variety of audiences.
- An individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, working effectively with colleagues and clients across organizations and geographies.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently.
Contact: Send cover letter, résumé, and design portfolio to email@example.com.